Manor Park is a daughter church of Woodgreen Evangelical Church (Warndon, Worcester). In May 2000 Christians living in the St John’s area of Worcester began to meet together on Sunday mornings for worship.
The beginnings of our parent church can be traced back to a meeting that used to take place in a waiting room of Worcester Shrub Hill railway station from 1882 onwards. This meeting grew quickly and the Railway Mission was built in the centre of Worcester and was used for almost 100 years .
Further growth meant a new church building was needed: Woodgreen Evangelical Church was finished in 1995. This new church was built to seat 300 people but by 1999 this was not big enough to cope with all the people wanting to come. Various solutions to this problem were considered and when it was discovered that there was a group of active members who lived in the St Johns area of the city, these folk agreed to set up a separate meeting, held at Manor Park Special School.
Very quickly, the Manor Park meetings took on a life of their own and various other activities were started and blossomed. Numbers grew and by Spring 2004 Manor Park was able to stand on its own two feet and became independent.
At the end of September 2012, after much prayer and planning, around 30 brothers and sisters left Manor Park for a new church plant in Warndon. We hope to plant many more churches in the years to come, God helping us.